Join the Gorilla Team
We’re reinventing the way brands tell their stories.
Do you thrive on being challenged and finding clever ways to tell stories? Do you like working with an absurdly talented group of people in a fast paced, collaborative environment? Join the Gorilla Creative team where experimentation and continuous evolution are part of our creative culture.
Production Specialist (Full Time)
Responsibilities & Duties:
Are you a jack or jill of the production and post production world? Can you wrangle a shop full of equipment and keep everything in tip shop shape? Can you build call sheets and prep camera, lighting and grip gear? Do you understand the basics of lighting and know how to operate a camera? Do you understand signal flow and how bits and bytes move through devices? Can you troubleshoot under pressure and solve problems? Can you edit a story using Adobe Premiere and get it online, all while keeping your files structure tidy and respecting a formal post workflow? If this sounds like you, read on!
This is a perfect job for someone that likes to work their body, mind, and creative muscles. Some days, you’ll be in the office managing, maintaining, prepping, and loading gear. Other days, you will be out in the field as a part of our production team. Depending on the shoot, you might be a camera op or AC for a commercial shoot or a robo cam op for a live webcast. Other days you might be a grip helping to sculpt the light for a shoot using the latest LED and HMI lights. Some days, you’ll help with editing and contribute to our post production team. Our goal is to take what you know and constantly add to it.
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Be familiar with cinema and broadcast equipment (cameras, lights, grip gear, etc).
- You should know what it means if we ask you to “grab a floppy and beach,” “truck the camera left,” and most importantly, know which leg points forward on a c-stand.
- Have basic to intermediate skills in Adobe Premiere. You don’t have to be the next Thelma Schoonmaker, but you should be able to take a bin of raw media and create an engaging story from it.
- If you have some After Effects chops, that would be a plus, but it’s not required.
- Know the basics of lighting and framing.
- Experience with live production, live streaming, and event production a plus.
- $50,000 – $75,000 per year, DOE.
- Paid time off.
- Bonus structure based on performance.
Gorilla Creative is a full-service video production agency located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We create product and brand marketing content and engaging live events. We offer a stimulating work environment where you get to work on fun and challenging projects that will challenge you technically and creatively. We believe in creating a company culture that fosters collaboration and encourages ambition and ownership of work.
To apply . . .
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter introducing yourself and explain why you are a good fit for this position.
If you’re a grip, camera operator, DP, sound mixer, video engineer, technical director or PA – we’d love to hear from you.